We brought our 6 seat dining table and chairs when Master B was little so they have been very well used the past 5 years!
We had the fabric come away in a few places and a few missing screws made a few of them a little wobbly.
I asked a blogging friend for words of advice and wisdom before I made a start on this project! First step was to find fabric. I did find plenty of trade me for the bargain price of $6 for the roll. We also brought a few extra screws to replace the missing ones and a box of staples for the staple gun we borrowed. The total cost was just over $20!
|new blue fabric|
|New blue fabric next to the old green print|
Here's how we recovered the chairs....
Step one- Remove the seat pads- unscrew the screws from beneath the chair
Step two - Figure out how much fabric I need to recover the seat pads and cut out 6 large squares of fabric with print running in the right direction. I had more than enough left over from my roll from trade me.
Step three- Remove black covering and remove all staples used to hold down old fabric with screw driver
Step four- Hold down and wrap around new fabric and fold down edge- staple away with staple gun
Step five- Staple back on the fabric from underneath for a more finished look
Step six - Turn over and check out your handy work
Step seven- Screw pads back on to the chair legs
and then with all 6 chairs done they look like this......
Now I am feeling rather proud of myself with Mr B's help (he was awesome getting all the staples out) to get this done in an afternoon.